Tuesday, 22 May 2007

Colour mist backgrounds

I used the colour mist sprays from Outside the Margins to create a background sheet then played around with some ATCs

Monday, 21 May 2007

String pictures

I wanted to try creating some pieces that had lots of texture as a sort of dry run for creating some textured canvases. I used mount board as the base and covered it in thick gel medium and attached string and sequin waste. I painted it with white gesso then sponged on some Adirondack inks. I then glued on some bits and pieces including some air dry clay pieces.

Here are the results

String print

I attached a piece of string using double sided tape to the lid of my ink pad and created a string stamp. The results are here but I haven't used the background for anything yet.

Using different inks

I then decided to try the same colour blocking technique as the Stazon technique using different ink pads. The results were nice and I hadn't used such a glossy card so the white pen worked better too. I think that I'll try some other inks too in the future. This one was using Adirondack dye ink pads sponged onto the background.

Stazon technique

I have been wanting to try the Stazon technique for a while having seen a few lovely pieces made with this technique. The howto is posted on Stamper Anonymous site here . You need to scroll down to the bottom of the left hand coloumn and look at the Stazon technique.

I had problems getting the white pen I was using to show up well on the glossy paper. May need to try some different pens before I find something that works well.

String and ink

A group I belong to has a string challenge running at the moment where we are challenged to create a piece of art using string. The first technique I tried was posted on the board by Liz Gale and you soak a piece of string in ink then sandwich it between two pieces of paper. You then press down using a covered book or something and pull out the string. The first time I pulled out the string it made a solid shape. If I pulled it out again without reinking then I got the pretty striped shapes. I haven't made anything with these backgrounds yet.

Catch up

I haven't updated this blog for a while so I'll now add the things I've been working on.

Friday, 4 May 2007

More Wax pictures

I had another play with the encaustic wax and got some interesting effects. Here are a selection


Today's ATCs are for a personalised swap where I was given the themes of flowers, chocolate and pastel colours.