Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Lesson 3

Another lesson 2

Again this is so much greener and has more depth in real life. Don't know why these green ones are so hard to photograph. This is on canvas from a canvas pad and I love the texture you get.

Friday, 22 May 2009

Lesson 2

This scan is much bluer than it is in real life. The real version is quite green and has more shades in the darker sections. Why is it so hard to get a good picture of these paintings?

Different colour version of lesson 1

Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Maggi's IT girl

Maggi's IT girl theme was Literature/Movie/Song. I made a little pouch to carry a notepad. I used some pelmet vilene sprayed with ink sprays and then sewed on some stamped card. The stamp inspired me to use this song as the theme.

Layered background

I am doing a layer love online class with Julie Prichard at the Land of Lost Luggage and here is my first attempt at my first background lesson.

Friday, 15 May 2009

House and Springtime Promises ATCs

The house ATCs have now been sent out so I can post up my version.

The background is radiant rain sprayed onto textured black paper. The house is a sprayed paper stamped and with a sprayed piece of book paper added. The words are dymo tape.

The previous month's theme was Springtime Promises and here is the ATC for this theme.

I created the effect using masking. I used a flower mask and sponged some colours over it then put a bird mask over that and sponged on more colour. The little piece added in the corner is made from a textured piece I made in this blog post and punched out.

Polymer clay brocade

I have finally had a chance to play with this technique. It is originally from Donna Kato's book - The art of polymer clay - creative surface techniques which is a book I have and love looking at. Adrienne challenged us to try this technique and has an excellent step by step blog post about it.

I am not entirely convinced by my first try mainly because I did not get a deep enough impression with the stamp and so the pattern isn't very clear in places. I still cut out lots of pieces though and here they are once baked

I made some moulded pieces too using a mould brushed with mica powders. I also just stamped into the left over clay and brushed with mica powders.

It is difficult to see the individual pieces in this photo so here are some closer ones.