Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Decorated tin

My first attempt at altering a tin.

The bead crew

Made some more bead divas using up some left over handmade beads from a swap

Slide mount decorations

I have made some Christmas decorations from slide mounts. I was trying out ideas for a slide mount swap but didn't get things done in time so I've missed that one.

I coloured the slide mounts by putting some marvy metallics on a non-stick sheet and spritzing with water. I then put the slide mounts on and squidged them around a bit to cover.

I finished them with some stamping and embossing or a metallic edge.
The middles of the pinker two are stamped on acetate, one see through and the other with some kitchen tin foil in between coloured with rub'n'buff gold.

Tuesday, 13 November 2007

Wishing Girls

Another play with the image challenge from NGS.

More faux postage

Used a colour spray over the printed mail grid and then sponged coloured ink through some punched shapes


I played with colouring some rubber stamps with Marvy pens. The top two are with and without water spray and the bottom are with and without a mask for the postage stamp shape.

Colour spray then stamped over a mask.

Tuesday, 6 November 2007

Faux postage

I tried out an idea for a faux postage ATC for a swap. I carried on with the same snowflake stamp, perfect pearls on versamark and blue colouring.

More stamp ideas

Winter girls mini ATCs

I used the image challenge from next generation stampers group and made a set of mini ATCs for my winter themed swap. I made three background using a swirly snowflake stamp. The first was stamped in versamark on dark blue card and brushed with silvery perfect pearls, the second was stamped on silver card and embossed with some moon glow powder and the third was stamped in versamark on shiny paper and adirondack ink sponged on.

Here are the three backgrounds

Thursday, 1 November 2007

Noodle Brush

I used a noodle brush with some gesso on white card. I used colour spray onto the background but found the colours were too dark and the texture of the gesso didn't show too well. I used some kitchen roll to absorb some of the spray ink and this showed off the texture much better. I like the crisscross texture background better than the other one. I then used some of this background paper to make a 4by4 inch piece.

Bead nest

Adrienne's metal and bead piece inspired me to have a go at the beading. I didn't have any metal so used some mountboard as the base. I like this freeform beading and had fun making bead soup.