Friday, 29 August 2008

Fabric paper

I have made a little hanging from some of the fabric paper I made in a previous post. I sewed it onto a felt background then embellished with beads and a couple of charms. The whole thing is stuck on a matboard backing to stiffen it.

Four seasons ATCs

Using a faux batik technique on mulberry paper.

Deco page

Another deco page for one of my group's round robiin swaps.

Tuesday, 26 August 2008

More tag duos

Had another go at this technique. This one ended up with grey lines instead of white because I tried drawing on the black. Need to offset it more.

This is using brayered dye inks as a background colour. I have decided to mount the tag duos onto a black background to make them pop more.

I think this pair are improved by mounting them onto black too.

Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Tag Duos

Some tag duos that I've been working on for a swap. Need to work out how to join them together now. The tags had to use the Bandana or Stazon technique. I prefer the first set. Thought it might work better with darker colours but I don't think it did.

Saturday, 9 August 2008

Fabric paper

I had a go at making some fabric paper based on Beryl Taylors work that was pointed out by Adrienne who has a swap going on one of the swap groups. I used Tyvek as the base layer. I didn't have any printed tissue paper so I stamped some plain tissue paper for the patterned layer. The recipe is tyvek, watered down PVA all over, small pieces of patterned tissue paper, more glue, a whole sheet of plain tissue paper, more glue then colour. Then I left them on a non stick sheet to dry overnight. These are the results.

This first one is the how not to do it example. I used posh inks straight onto the top glue layer and it was far too dark and it all started to split and fall apart when I tried to dab some colour off. So the moral of the story is to use diluted colours lol.

This one started with a coloured layer because my brush still had ink on from the previous attempt so the glue turned a bluey colour. I finished the colour in top layer with a colour spray.

These are the next days attempts and I used well watered down fluid acrylics for the coloured layer and so the pattern showed through more.

Deco catch up

I haven't posted much onto my blog for ages now so it's time for a bit of a catch up. These are the deco pages I worked on in round robin deco swaps that have been going for ages now. The last page is for a theme of faces for Annie in another themed swap that is also ongoing.