Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Beaded Purse

This is a beaded purse I made for a swap. I needed to make an item using some beads. I have had this quilted purse pattern for a little while and wanted to give it a go. The quilting and free motion stitching went fine but because it is quilted before stitching the purse together the seams were untidy. I used some more of the lining material to bind each of the inside seams which took quite a long time. It was a time consuming project but I'm pleased with the end result. I hope my swap partner likes it. You can click on the pictures to enlarge them and can see more of the details.

Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Fabric paper

I made some fabric paper using serviettes. I used this sheet of fabric paper to make a book cover and a card.

For the book, I used watercolour cards as signatures and sewed then to the spine of the book cover. The book cover was made from fabric paper back with felt that I oversewed using free motion machine stitching. I added some buttons to the front cover.

I used some of the left over fabric paper to make a card. Again I backed it with felt and oversewed using free motion machine stitching.

Tuesday, 25 May 2010


I joined a swap that required the use of a stencil. I decided to decorate some small canvases I'd got a while ago. They are about 4 inches square. I used acrylic paint to layer up some colours. I then used a plastic stencil from crafter's workshop to add some pattern to the background and then a brass stencil from Dreamweaver for the central image. I am pleased with them and intend to use one for the swap and to put the other one on my own wall.

Sunday, 9 May 2010

Monday, 3 May 2010

Water stamping backgrounds and metal embellishments

Here are three ATCs I made using a water stamping background and some metal embellishments I made from wire.

Saturday, 30 January 2010


I joined a bracelet swap and thought I'd use up some pretty pink beads I had. I made the wire pieces using inspiration from Bead on a Wire by Sharilyn Miller that I've had on my shelf for a while now.

Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Alcohol inks

I joined a swap using alcohol inks so I've been experimenting with some techniques. Thanks for the ideas Adrienne.

First I put some drops of alcohol ink and some blending solution on a non stick mat and smooched some glossy card stock into it. I used the metallic mixatives on some of them. I used one piece to make a picture to put on a birthday card.

Stamp by Crafty Individuals.

I then stamped and embossed a collage stamp (Stampers Anonymous) using gold embossing powder onto some gold card. I then used my trusty chunk of wood with felt topping to add some alcohol inks. I used the piece and a piece using just the inks and no embossing to make a cover for a small notebook. I will send this away for the swap.

Friday, 15 January 2010

Beaded Charm

I have joined a charm swap and thought I'd try out some of my improved beading skills since reading Beverly Ash Gilbert's book Beaded Colorways. It cleared up some issues I had with the details of the beading process. I was pleased though that the basics of the freeform beading I've been dabbling in were not too far off. I hung the charm up on the wall to try to take a photo of it, it is just over an inch top to bottom.

From one side.

From the other side

Sunday, 3 January 2010

ATC catch up

I belong to an ATC group and we have a guessing game every month to try to identify who made which ATC. This means that I can't post up the ATCs as I make them so I always forget to post them up later. So here is a catch up from the last few months.


Edgar Allen Poe



Saturday, 2 January 2010


I made a book for a Christmas gift swap. I stitched some deckle edges notecards into a book block. The front and back were covered with hand painted paper and then I made a tag to decorate it using Tim Holtz stamps.

Friday, 1 January 2010

Christmas decoration

A Christmas decoration made for another swap. It was a piece of mount board covered in fantasy film, heated and then stamped into using black ink. The dangle was made by ironing fantasy film onto an inked stamp.