Saturday, 29 September 2007

Decorated airdry clay beads

I tried colouring the beads with colour sprays which did work but didn't give me the density of colour I was looking for. The pink and green beads are coloured with the sprays. I used acrylic paint for the blue and green beads and some silver rub'n'buff to bring out the patterns. I used coloured metallic rub-ons for the other beads (the clay was white) and I like the look of these but I don't know how long it will take for the metallic rubons to dry (if ever). If it doesn't dry I may have to coat them with varnish.

Update: The metallic rubons didn't really dry so I put some UTEE onto them and it stuck to the coloured pattern. Heated and it gave a glassy finish to the beads too.


Rena Sawatski said...

Fiona, the beads are beautiful. I am sure the gals in CC swaps will be delighted to receive them.

Rena Sawatski said...

Fiona, your beads are wonderful. I am sure that whomever receives these will be delighted.

Trish Bee said...

Gorgeous!! I love the dark blue ones! Delicious!