Saturday 13 October 2007

Black gesso


I finally got to play with the black gesso. I cut some pieces of mountboard into small rectangles and glooped a thick layer of gesso onto them. I spread it with a brush and let it set f0r a few minutes. Then used an unmounted stamp to stamp into it. When dry I used rub n buff to highlight the texture. It's got a lovely 3d look to it. Thanks Adrienne for the technique which I copied from her pendants. Lessons learnt - when using gesso wash everything up quickly - brushes, stamps and use a toothbrush on your stamp. Not sure I'd want to risk my favourite stamps with gesso yet just in case. Also put it on a non stick mat or wax paper to dry because mine stuck to the piece of paper I left them on

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fiona, these are beautiful! I appreciate your explaining how you made them. Daria

Anonymous said...

Fiona, these are beautiful. I appreciate your explaining how you made them. Daria