Saturday 6 June 2009

Meander pages

I am taking part in a swap to make a meander book. It consists of 8 square pages which are eventually sewn together to make a book. I decorated 7 pages and sent them out and people will decorate them in my theme and return them. I have 7 pages from other people sitting here ready to decorate in their themes. Each person has coloured their pages before sending out and have chosen a theme so the colour scheme and theme are set for each page.

I have finished the first two.


Eva's page. She wanted the page to scream orange and I hope I've managed that. I used some card that I had decorated with spray inks and a stencil then sewed some ribbon borders and some beads. I realised once I'd made it that the card was too thick to sew once on top of the base that Eva sent so the buttons and beads are glued on.


Pauline H's page, her theme was sea and sky. This had a vilene base which Pauline coloured and then I sewed on some fabric layers and some beads and a boat charm. The boat is only attached at the top so it moves around on the sea. The text was added using dymo tape.

1 comment: