Tuesday, 17 March 2009
I made a small book for a swap. I made the coloured sections by swiping distress inks onto a non stick sheet and then spritzing with water. I dipped the paper in, dried, dipped in again and so on. I stamped a flower picture on the front and some words. The back I left plain because I love the background effect. I then cut some black mountboard to size and punched some holes. I made the signatures from some speckly paper. I then sewed the book together using coptic stitch binding. The photo below shows the spine. I then added some beads to the end of the thread. I hope the recipient likes it.
I found some great Youtube videos demonstrating coptic stitch binding. For a folded cover part1 and part2 and then with a hard cover.