Wednesday, 18 March 2009


I have been experimenting with things so I thought I'd show you a selection of the results. Some I'm happier with than others. Most of these don't have a project yet but I'm sure they will be perfect for something one day. The technique I finally chose for the ATCs I was trying to design will be shown later on - the group I belong to keeps them secret until all are received and swapped out. The last experiment in this post was for another set of ATCs where the theme is masking so I think that's a good start for an ATC. Just have to design the rest of it now.

Some acrylics painted onto card then a crackle stamp on top. The right hand one has black ink, the left has versamark and gold embossing powder. They have a sheen in real life.

Micaceous iron oxide paint onto back of cereal packet quite thickly applied then used a stamp to create some texture. Once dried I put treasure gold on to pick up the texture. In real life it's rugged and shimmery and I love it. I think this will be a keeper.

Acrylics dabbed onto card

I saw a technique where you used gesso on a book page, embossed over the top and then sponged on ink. I tried that and produced some experiments and it wasn't quite what I wanted. So with this I first sprayed ink onto dictionary page. Then stamped and embossed the image. Then sponged on ink and then then ironed off the embossing powder.

This is the same thing but with the gesso. I didn't get as far as ironing off the powder so I may add more ink onto this one to rescue it or it may be used as it is.

For this one I sprayed ink onto page, applied some watered down gesso then used a mask and applied ink. I like this one. I tried it with no gesso and more gesso and this was the best one. I have a plan in mind for this one.

1 comment:

Carol said...

You have been having lots of fun! Looking forward to the creations to come.....