Monday 28 January 2008

Waterspray and colour mists



I have been experimenting with using a waterspray with a stencil, removing the stencil then spraying colour over the top. I watched a demonstration using some colour sprays I don't have and decided to experiment with colours I do have. I used a stencil and various card types and colour spray types. The results above are using water colour paper and those below used glossy card. I used both a positive image by spraying water through the stencil and a negative image by placing the wet stencil on a different piece of card. Both seemed to work. They don't create a resist effect as described in the demonstration but it does change how the ink looks on the paper which produces the contrast. I had a problem with the glossy card when there was too much liquid and the card curled and caused the ink to run messing up my pattern. There was a lot of variation in the clarity of the image depending on which inks I used. The darker the better.

1 comment:

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Finally got a chance to catch up with your blog. For the life of me, I just couldn't visualize this technique, but seeing it here, I get it! Thanks. These are very pretty and will look great in your projects.