Sunday 3 February 2008

ATC box prototype




I have made a quick prototype of an ATC box using plain mountboard just to check how to contruct it and the sizing. It seems to have worked OK so now I can unlace it and decorate. I need to make a new side because I punched the top by accident. I used the Bind it all machine to punch the holes and to put in the binding to make the hinge for the top. Haven't decided what to lace the final version with - I could do a continuous lacing as in the photo or I could tie each hole separately using ribbon. I just used some yarn for this one that was thin enough to go through my needle to see how it came together.

Edit: I have remembered now that I saw a box made with a bind it all machine in Craft Stamper and managed to dig out the copy and it was in August 2007. Phew, glad I found that.

6 comments:

Adrienne Wood said...

Love the concept. Not sure if I like the hairy fibre!!! I've never been tempted by a binding machine, but I hadn't thought of 3D items before. Hmmmm. Maybe one item for my birthday list!!!

Susie said...

OH, I just got a bind it all and I haven't done a thing with it yet. I like the idea very much. I think even lacing it with some suede laces or beaded wire might be really fun too!

Carol said...

Very creative idea. Can't wait to see you turn it into a piece of art.

SweetPea said...

Love it Fiona . . . . wonder if you could wrap with beads and wire ? ? ? Great idea!!

Anonymous said...

Looks interesting - I've seen other three dimensional items made with BIA. Something more for me to play with. Have you checked the Zutter sisters' webiste with all the projects????

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

What a creative use for a binding machine. Love how the finished project turned out too!