Wednesday 20 February 2008

Tyvek experiments

Been playing with some Tyvek in preparation for another chunky book. I have tried heating it with a heat gun and an iron and can't really get anything I like. I made some embossed bookmarks for Christmas so I thought I'd have another go at embossing it and colouring it with inks. The cuttlebug folders give a nice deep impression in the tyvek which means the ink picked up the pattern well. I did try using a brass stencil through the wizard but as the impression wasn't as deep it was harder get it inked well. The best effort using a brass stencil was the fern in the bottom picture which I liked. I tried another stencil but the pattern got lost when I tried inking it up. I've experimented before with colouring the tyvek then embossing then using inkpads to pick up the texture and I think that's maybe what I'll do next time.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Lovely & creative.

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

This is an interesting take on the Tyvek--thanks for sharing it! I have not even begun to think about this chunky yet.

Adrienne Wood said...

I LOVE the hearts - and would love to know exactly how you did those....

Remember you don't need a whole lot of tyvek on the page, could just be a strip down the sie or an inchie embellishment!